cottleston news

Thursday, October 9, 2008

It's still school holidays but beyond a trip to the beach (10 mins away) and to the local library it hasn't been that exciting. We have been a bit run down and the weather has been iffy on the days that we did all feel good so we've done lots inside.

Ali has been telling stories lately so we wrote a book today (she dictated the text which I wrote) and then she did the illustrations. This took up a big chunk of the afternoon while I tidied up and made sushi (or Sqoooshy as Ali calls it)

Lily is talking a great deal these days, she lies in bed talking to herself for a good half hour after Ali is already asleep going "aye-oh A-ee" (Hello Ali) and naming all the things that she has seen or talked about during the day "Daddy, fish, napper, eat eyes, aye-oh A-ee, Buddy, dog, eat me, lick me, Buddy" etc etc

I tried to take some nice photos of them yesterday, I wiped their faces and brushed their hair and everything but it still didn't work, the little buggers just won't sit still and smile for the camera.


These are the monsters that Ali collaged on Tuesday.

Here is Phil's hair that he dyed on Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the recent pics of the girls!
They're gorgeous!
Can't wait to come see you guys when we come home for Xmas. We arrive in Dec on the 22nd and Chris will be staying for 3 weeks (Gabriel and I will be leaving NZ on Feb 1st)
Can't wait! :)