cottleston news

Thursday, October 28, 2010

School Trip to the Zoo

Ali won a Principal's Award and had her story about the trip published in the school newsletter so I thought I'd transcribe it here since her blog commentary was not so detailed.

The Zoo

When we arrived at the zoo I couldn't wait to see the animals.  The first place we went to see was the giraffes.  We got to see them eating.  I saw two baby zebras and one baby giraffe.  They were both so cute.  I liked the red panda most.  I learnt heaps about red pandas and tigers.  My favourite was the baby meerkat.  We got to go through heaps of tunnels.  I just about got lost,  It was funny seeing the monkeys doing their camera poses.  We had to go home.

by Ali




I am under the head of the lion.
I am on the Elephant.
I am holding a hippo's tooth.

Ali and Mum went to the Zoo on a school trip today. Ali is in charge of this blog post but she didn't tell you about the loooong bus trip down, and how much fun it was to see all the animals, and the amazing opportunity we had to explore the items in the class room - pieces of rhino hide, turtle shell, zebra and giraffe skins and the claws still in the lion skin - pretty cool.

1 comment:

fifi said...

I love to read your blog Ali and see all the wonderful things that you do.Love from Auntie Sarah